Sherwood, Russell Monday, February 27, 2017
So your looking to put together a team for the Champion's League or any other team event? A few things to consider.......
- How are you going to decide on your team - Rating? Titles Form? All of these have a part to play in good team selection and a very important skill is know which players to select.
- Do you know the rules of the event. I mean really know the rules. For example the rules for promotion relegation? The rules on Board orders? On Tiebreaks? If you dont know these you can be putting your team at a massive disadvantage.
- Do you know the strength of opposition your are likely to be facing and the format of the event?
- What preperation are you are your team going to do. Although you must select your moves independently in games, preperation prior to the start of the Tournament ( and before any moves are made) can be done together. Some of your team may have access to resources that others dont or may be specialists in this area.
- Are your players committed to playing as a team or playing as individuals? Will Title asperations be put aside for the good of the team?
- Do you have an idea of the score necessary to advance in th event? Will you be able to indentify the target games to reach this score?
- Will your players keep you up to date so no result comes as a surprise?
These areas may seem a excessive but if you want your team to overperform they and many others are necessary! Good Luck!
Updated Monday, February 27, 2017 by Russell Sherwood