Russell Sherwood Tuesday, May 10, 2022
The results of the votes at the ICCF Exceptional Congress have now been posted online at ICCF Congresses
Players are invited to review the proposals and outcomes but the implications of this are:
- The Russian and Belarusian Federations are now suspended
- Russian and Belarusian players will be able to continue to play games and enter events with isolated player status.
- Any Ukrainian games not started by the designated date will go through a automated adjudication process. Whilst this approach has shortcomings, (a) the games cannot be stopped indefinitely and (b) It is a least-worst option in terms of approach.
- All the proposals will be reviewed at the Glasgow Congress.
- Games involving Russian and Belarusian players should continue as normal. If you do not wish to communicate with your opponent, please request your TD to remove this option
If any Welsh player wish to discuss or clarify anything involved in these votes, feel free to get in touch.
WCCF National Delegate
For and on behalf of the WCCF